Dubai is the world’s fourth most visited city. Offering some of the top luxuries and architectural wonders of the world, it is among the most sought-after tourist spots. Also, the city is often considered “Vegas in the desert”. In earnestness,
Dubai is the world’s fourth most visited city. Offering some of the top luxuries and architectural wonders of the world, it is among the most sought-after tourist spots. Also, the city is often considered “Vegas in the desert”. In earnestness, this largest UAE city has established itself as the soul of tourism in the Middle East and takes pride in it. To explore Dubai, count on our Dubai holiday package.
We carefully design travel packages for Dubai, considering your requirements and budget.
Best Time to Visit Dubai
The best months to explore Dubai are from November to April. During these months, the weather remains cool. The maximum temperature on average is 27°C (approx.). It is the best time to take up desert safaris. Between January and March, the city receives showers, making the weather all the more pleasant.
Dubai experiences low tourism during the months of May to August. With the temperature going as high as 41°C, the city becomes scorching.
September and October set in the shoulder season. During these months, the sea offers the best opportunities for water activities. Tourist footfall decreases at this time, so the crowds are fewer. Prices also dip during these months.
To indulge in a vacation, just as you want, grab the best Dubai holiday packages. Choose off-season, shoulder season, or peak season; and there will be a carefully created trip to Dubai for you.
How to Reach Dubai
The fastest and the best way to reach Dubai is by taking a flight. It is well-connected to several countries by air.
Some airports in Dubai are:
- Al Maktoum International Airport in Jebel Ali
- Dubai International Airport in Dubai
- Sharjah International Airport in Sharjah
- Abu Dhabi International Airport in Abu Dhabi
Dubai is not connected to the rest of the world by train. However, you can travel to Dubai by train. Emirates express runs between Emirate countries. It takes you to Dubai.
Travellers can also board the metro that connects Jebel Ali to Rashidiya (Red Line). Travel through Burj Khalifa, Dubai International Airport, and Deira among other stations via the Red Line metro.
Reaching Dubai by road is not possible. But several modes of transport like bus or taxi can take you through Dubai by road. With almost 114 bus routes in Dubai, bus transport is quite affordable. Buses ply to global villages and within the city.
The easiest option to explore Dubai is by taxi. The city has an NOI card concept for tourists. This smart card enables you to pay for various RTA transport modes in Dubai. Simply tap your card and proceed.
Places to Visit in Dubai
There is no dearth of Dubai tourist places to visit. That is why tour packages to Dubai are always jam-packed with sightseeing attractions. Select a sightseeing category and a list of attractions will unfold. Whether age-old or modern, every tourist spot of Dubai speaks highly of its culture, art, and contemporary taste. Each of them is created to keep the potential explorers intrigued.
Make the most of your vacation, here are some of the unmissable attractions in Dubai that deserve to be on your itinerary.
- Burj Khalifa - World’s tallest building, Burj Khalifa is also a global icon since its opening in 2010. Standing close to Dubai mall, the engineering marvel magnetises visitors. In the evening, the light shows enhance its charm. Reach the world’s highest outdoor observation deck here on the 148th floor. You can also soak in the panoramic beauty from the other two observation decks on the 124th and 125th floors.
- Dubai Mall - Explore the world’s second-largest shopping mall. It also hosts the grand Dubai Shopping Festival. Go skating at the ice skating rink or feed the movie buff in you at the theatre. Kids will have a gala time at the theme park. Visit the mall to delight in its attractions. The attraction ups the delight of Dubai tour packages for families as people of every age group enjoy it here.
- Dubai Aquarium - A major attraction at the Dubai Mall, the Dubai Aquarium is the world’s largest suspended aquarium. More than140 species of aquatic animals in the aquarium astound you.
Underwater Zoo here has three different ecosystems and varied creatures like Piranha, Penguin, Otters, African Crocodile, and Lionfish.
- Dubai Fountain - Light up your evening at the Dubai Fountain, which displays amazing light. Water jets shoot up to 150m. This light and water play is synchronised with music, presenting a show to cherish. So, when planning a trip to this UAE city, include this attraction in your Dubai travel package.
- Atlantis the Palm - A luxury hotel and among the most coveted accommodation choices, Atlantis the Palm is located on the Palm Jumeirah. However, you can spend quality time at its Atlantis waterpark even if you are not staying at the hotel.
A private beach, over 30 water slides, attractions, and underwater adventures are among the activities that keep you enthusiastic here. Manifold your water fun by combining your Aquaventure trip with the Lost Chambers Aquarium - UAE’s largest aquarium.
- Ferrari World - Located on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi, this attraction deserves to be in your Dubai holiday package. Go for 37 rides and enjoy shows. Kids will love the theme park, especially with the Adventureland and the Car Wash.
- Dubai Parks and Resorts - The Middle East’s largest integrated theme park, Dubai Parks and Resorts is an incredible destination. It features Motiongate, Dubai, Bollywood parks, and Legoland water park. Have unlimited fun with over 100 rides and enthralling live shows!
- Dubai Frame - This monument stands within Zabeel Park. Capturing everyone’s attention with its huge ornamented picture frame gives you a glimpse of the past, present, and future ideas of Dubai. 3D technology, interactive displays, and myriad reality effects impart you a memorable experience.
Things to do in Dubai
Dubai sightseeing takes tourists across the city’s attractions. But to amp up their Dubai tour packages, several activities are added. As Dubai offers a host of fun things to do, there is one or the other activity for every kind of tourist.
- Desert Safari - Make your Dubai holiday tour package enthralling with the delightful Desert Safari. Leave tyre stamps of a 4X4 vehicle on the golden sands. Delight in this dune-bashing session for a good 30-40 minutes. Capture the soothing sunset with your camera lens. Enjoy desert camping later. Savour a delectable barbecue dinner with music playing along.
- Skydiving - Adventure lovers can taste the thrill with an ounce of sky. Feel the rush of adrenaline as you fall freely over the unique Palm Jumeirah landscape or desert. You can choose from tandem or solo skydiving.
- Dhow Marina Cruise - Sail on the Dubai Marina, the world’s largest man-made marina as you enjoy your Dubai trip packages. The marina is a calm canal laced with scintillating skyscrapers around it. A traditional wooden boat called “Dhow” takes you across the canal. The cruise also treats you to the architectural prowess of the areas around you. You can choose from a Dhow Cruise with Dinner, a Sunset Dhow Cruise, or simply a daytime cruise.
- Go deep-sea fishing - People of all age groups can enjoy this activity. Just contact a tour operator and convey your requirements. There are different vessel types, depending on the time you will take and the experience you are looking forward to. This activity makes an offbeat attraction for Dubai honeymoon packages too.
- Ski Dubai - Located in the Mall of the Emirates, this is the first indoor ski resort in the Mid-East. Try skiing and snowboarding at its 5 different slopes under the guidance of professionals. Also enjoy activities such as tobogganing, tubing, and zorbing. Penguin Colony is a major attraction for kids.
- Relax at Jumeirah Beach - Enrich your Dubai vacation delight with a day at this white-sand beach. Sunbathe, go swimming, laze at the beach, or stroll along the boardwalk. Explore the shops around or check out the movie at the outdoor theatre. Kids can enjoy themselves at the playground. You can have a family picnic as well.
Shopping in Dubai
You can’t go without shopping in Dubai. There are plenty of marketplaces and malls to pamper the shopaholic in you. Take a look -
- Wafi Mall - Egyptian-themed shopping
- Dubai Mall - International brand outlets
- Deira City Centre - Luxury, fashion, electronics, furniture, etc.
- Karama Shopping Complex - Souvenirs and gifts
- Dubai Flea Market - Second-hand goods
- Gold Souk - Authentic jewellery and gemstones
- Spice Souk - International and Arabic Spices
- Textile Souk - Textile products
- Meena Bazaar Dubai - Traditional textiles, and handicrafts
- Naif Souk - Street market kiosks and artifacts
- The Outlet Village - Locally-made products
What to Eat in Dubai
Dubai enriches your vacation in a number of ways. One of those is its culinary extravaganza.
Emirati cuisine presents a flavorful combination of Lebanese, Iranian, and even Indian flavours. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian delicacies are served here.
Loaded with herbs, the culinary fare in Dubai is healthy and delicious. Do try these gourmet delights as you enjoy your Dubai travel package. Here are some of the must-try savouries of Dubai -
- Traditional treats - To dig into the traditional foods of Dubai, you can gobble all or choose from - Stuffed camel, Al Harees (meat and wheat baked together), majboos (basmati rice served with various types of meat), Chelo Kebab, and Shish Tawook (a kebab sandwiched in bread).
- Sweet savouries - Sweeten your Dubai packages with Dubai’s lovable desserts. Luqaimat (a deep-fried sweet dumpling, Kanafeh (a traditional dessert made of rose syrup and sweet cream cheese), Esh Hasarya (like cheesecake), and Mehalabiya (a refreshing pudding).
- Vegetarian fare - Local vegetarian treats in Dubai include Tabbouleh (tomatoes, green onions, cucumber, lemon, mint), Fattoush salad (fried or toasted Pita bread pieces with lemon dressings and greens), and Falafel (deep-fried chickpeas patty), Kousa Mahshi (courgettes or zucchini stuffed with rice), and Fatteh (bread, chickpeas, stuffed aubergines, yoghourt, tahini-sauce).
- Street food - Some of the best street foods to enjoy are shawarma, samboosa (samosa with an Arab twist), Manakish (stuffed flatbread with cheese, meat, veggies, etc.), Lahem Bl Ajin (Arab pizza), Karak (Dubai’s national drink), and Fareed (meat and potato stew, with a twist).
Luxury Experiences in Dubai
Dubai is synonymous with luxury. So, topping up tour packages to Dubai with a dash of luxury experience is a great idea. Go for these top-of-the-world experiences in Dubai.
- Dine at At.Mosphere - A private dining experience beckons you to the world’s tallest restaurants at At.Mosphere. At Level 122 of the Burj Khalifa, this restaurant treats you to toothsome delicacies of the Arabian Gulf. The plush ambience will overwhelm you as you relish exotic fusion fare. Choose from the luxurious menu that comprises caviar, lobsters, and oysters.
- Take a Gyrocopter Ride - Hop into a small private aircraft to take in Dubai’s glittering skyline. This gyrocopter (like a helicopter) joyride lasts for almost 20 minutes. Perfect for Dubai tour packages for couples, this trip takes you over the Dubai Marina and the Palm Jumeirah. The Burj Al Arab and the bright blue ocean also greet you from below.
- Chopper Ride - Having some of the world’s tallest structures and sky-based activities, Dubai takes you to the sky. Get a chopper ride added to your Dubai package for family to manifold the vacation delight. It will give you an aerial sightseeing experience. Fly over Dubai skyscrapers and let yourself be awestruck by the view.
- Go for a Private Yacht Ride - Make a premium add-on to your luxury Dubai holiday tour package with a private tour on a luxury yacht. As it can carry 6 people at a time, an entire family can take this lavish experience.
- Navigate Through Tons of Gold - Head to Dubai Gold Souk to be amazed by the gold glittering everywhere! Experience the gold glaring at you from over 300 gold shops! The infinite rows of necklaces, bangles, rings, anklets, and bracelets will leave you spellbound.
- Taste the 24-carat Gold - If your gold hangover is still on, great! Dubai scoops some scrumptious savouries that have gold. Pamper your palate with this once-in-a-lifetime gold gourmet experience at the Scoopi Café on Jumeirah Beach Road. Surrender yourself to pure bespoke luxurious flavours. Shavings of 24-carat edible gold are generously topped on your ice cream! Forget everything and gorge on the gold on the UAE’s most expensive ice cream sundae.
For opulent Dubai travel packages, get these experiences added to your itinerary. You can also sip on gold with a Cappuccino having 24-carat gold flakes. Have this indulgent experience at Abu Dhabi's Emirates Palace.
1. Which attractions can we explore Dubai with a 5-day tour package?
In 5 days, you can go for a Dhow Cruise with dinner, Dubai city tour, shopping, desert safari, visit Burj Khalifa, Dubai Aquarium, Underwater Zoo, Ferrari World and Abu Dhabi.
2. Is there a dress code to follow in Dubai?
Yes, Dubai is an Islamic country and you must dress decently. Refrain from transparent, above the knees dresses in public. Cover your head while visiting religious places.
3. What is the currency of Dubai? Should I carry credit cards or traveller's cheques?
Dubai’s currency is the Arab Emirate Dirham. You will find several ATMs in the city for money withdrawal. Additionally, most of the shopping malls, hotels and restaurants accept major international debit and credit cards.
4. Where can I go for the best beach experience in Dubai?
To enjoy the best beaches of Dubai, you can go to beaches like The Palm Jumeirah, Marina Beach, La Mer, Umm Suqeim Beach, Kite Beach, Jebel Ali Beach, Al Mamzar Beach Park, JBR Open Beach, and Black palace Beach.
5. Which are the best family places to visit in Dubai?
Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa, and Palm Jumeirah are among the top places in Dubai to visit with family.
6. Where can couples go in Dubai for a romantic date?
Some of the romantic places in Dubai where lovebirds can visit with their Dubai packages for couples are -
- Pierchic, Madinat Jumeirah
- Pai Thai in Madinat Jumeirah
- Villa Beach
- The Eauzone, The Royal Mirage
- Miracle Garden
7. When can I visit Dubai for a budget holiday?
Book cheap Dubai tour packages from the months of May to October. During these months, you can get the best deals for an inexpensive Dubai holiday.
8. How can I commute locally within Dubai?
Dubai has a smooth bus network that connects the city’s major tourist spots. Metro also provides good connectivity across several landmarks. You can also take taxis to get around.
9. What are the drinking laws in Dubai?
The minimum age to consume alcohol in Dubai is 21 years. Carry an ID proof whenever you visit a bar. Drinking alcohol in public places is prohibited and is punishable under law. Never take alcohol to beaches unless hotels own a beach with a liquor licence.
10. Which goods are prohibited to carry to Dubai?
Any object that doesn’t adhere to the religious and moral values of the UAE is prohibited, such as -
Drugs, narcotics, chemicals and organic fertilizers, poppy seeds, betel leaves, pornographic material, non-Islamic religious pamphlets, fireworks, ivory, weapons and ammunition, laser pens, unauthorized communication devices, plants, and endangered animals.